17.3.14

Procrastination is over!


 Hi! It's just time to release my inner exhibitionist and show the world my works, sketches, ideas and other interesting stuff related to my practice. It is hard, I've been raised in modesty but I will graduate from college this year and I'm in need of internet presence. Here I am!

 I'm finished my comics for Comic Book Slumber Party anthology and this is my first proper comic! This CBSP camp took place in Plymouth at the Art College and it was super-duper positive experience! It was like indoor plein air...
 
  
 There was "few" of us (participants), we met new people interested in drawing comics and we also had chance to get know our "troop leaders" better: Donya Todd, Lize Meddings, Isaac Lenkiewicz, and Jack Teagle, who are experienced in comic making. Whole event were co-ordinated by Benjamin Wright and  Hannah K Chapman with the help from doughnut scouts!
 

 During the week of workshops all participants were earning different badges: for participation as well as particular achievements like growing a beard or making new friends. It was motivating people to do crazy stuff, but thanks to that loads of ices were broken. We all were obliged to wear blue neckerchief and have handbooks on us. We were provided with different comics templates, not mentioning talks from troop leaders and inspirational literature that was provided to familiarize with.
 Even local newspaper was interested in what we were doing (link here).


 I can't describe enough how awesome it was, to just draw together in funny and easy atmosphere. 
On the last, unofficial day (drawing in the pub) I appeared without pencil and sketchbook (I genuinely thought they're kidding!). I came out from the pub with sketchbook full of sketches! How amazing is that?

Someone gave me 4H pencil, that's why it's so light.

 Anthology with our comics will be on sale on Stuff Fair and I can't wait to see it! I would love to participate in more endeavours of this type in the future. I'm really charged with ideas, inspirations and contacts with lovely people.

No comments:

Post a Comment